Primary Beans X Todo Verde Collab
We teamed up with our friends at Primary Beans to bring you a limited amount of Todo Verde La Familia kits that include our La Familia Seasoning Trio and Primary Beans' Not-A-Pinto Set. With so many parallels between our women-run businesses, joining forces feels like a match made in plant-based heaven. Our new Toda La Familia kit brings our shared passions and roots to life - Mexican heritage, climate-friendly agriculture, and simple, delicious plant-based cooking.Everything you need is in this kit - 3 of Primary Bean’s best-selling Mexican bean varieties and our La Familia Seasoning Trio come together to help you create an array of abuela-approved meals at home. Plus, get 3 recipes designed exclusively for this kit by Todo Verde founder and NYT Cooking contributor, Jocelyn Ramirez: Jocelyn’s Frijoles de la Olla, Molletes, and Frijoles Zacatecanos. All that’s left for you to do is invite the whole family over.
Todo Verde x Primary Beans Recipes
Jocelyn’s Frijoles de la Olla Recipe
- 2 cups Primary Beans Bayo Beans
- 5 cups water plus more if needed
- 1 avocado leaf
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Todo Verde Tinga Seasoning
- Tortillas, for serving
- Chopped cilantro and onion, for serving
- Lime for serving
- Fire roasted jalapeño, for serving
- Wash and clean Primary Beans Bayo Beans, checking for rocks. After beans are clean, add to a medium pot with enough water to cover them 2 inches.
- Cover and soak beans for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the soaking liquid, and the 5 cups of water. Add the bay leaf, avocado leaf, Todo Verde Tinga Seasoning, and salt to taste. Cook beans for 2 hours or until at least 5 beans are soft and tender.
- Chop onion and cilantro and cut lime into wedges for garnish.
- Fire roast jalapeño and tortillas.
- Add the cooked beans to an individual serving bowl and garnish with cilantro, onion, lime wedge, 1-2 tortillas folded in half and jalapeño.
Frijoles De Olla with Tinga Seasoning
In Conversation with Lesley of Primary Beans