Carnitas Seasoning Bundle
Making tacos de Carnitas at home just got wayyy easier!
Fire up our seasoning with any of your favorite proteins. We’re plant-based and love adding to sliced or shredded mushroom varieties, crumbled extra-firm tofu, rehydrated soy protein curls and crumbles, shredded jackfruit, beans, and so much more.
- Naturally gluten free and vegan; and are certified non-GMO
- Simply season your desired protein and cook with oil for 15-20 minutes
- One Carnitas Seasoning tin makes over 50 tacos, so say hello to taco heaven
Carnitas Seasoning Bundle includes:
- 1 Carnitas Seasoning
- Made with aged black garlic, meaty porcini mushroom, and warming cumin; this seasoning has an earthy flavor with notes of umami richness.
- Yellow Corn Masa Harina
- 60oz Young Green Jackfruit
We’d love to know how you put our seasoning to work – share a review with us once you get cooking!
Carnitas comes to us from the state of Michoacan. It’s typically prepared with pork meat submerged in lard and cooked in a large copper cazo/pot for long periods of time, and served shredded on tortillas, tortas, and more. This dish's flavor profile includes bold savory meat with notes of tangy citrus and aromatic oregano. Recipes vary from family to region including notes of marjoram, peppercorns and sometimes even include soda.
Some taqueros use their trusted wooden blocks and cleaver to shred and chop shreds of Carnitas, pile into a tortilla, and top each taco with diced onion, minced cilantro, and salsa of choice (we prefer salsa roja).
It was delicious! I have tried it already on jackfruit and Ground turkey tacos. The tacos were savory and smelled amazing! I will definitely keep adding this spice to most of my dishes.